Microwave Backhaul Solutions
Nexlink’s AWS Microwave relocation solutions cover all aspects of the process to meet the unique engineering and deployment requirements of AWS licensees.
Comprehensive relocation solutions
Advanced Wireless Services (AWS) licensees must conquer several challenges before launching a viable system in a shared spectrum environment. They will have to share spectrum in the 1.7 and 2.1 GHz bands with Federal Government and commercial microwave/broadband radio service systems, respectively. In addition, they must design and deploy infrastructure in spectrum occupied by dissimilar and diverse incumbent networks, while relocating these incumbents to new spectral homes. Nexlink addressed this problem with the 1.9 GHz PCS bands where new PCS systems were allocated and spectrum occupied by private microwave systems. We also understand that similar microwave relocation and spectrum sharing services are necessary to ensure rapid deployment for AWS. Nexlink’s comprehensive suite of AWS relocation services provides solutions for all AWS spectrum sharing and microwave relocation challenges.
Our cost-effective and time-saving microwave relocation solutions include:
- Interference analysis—Up-front analyses, using either imported or software-generated cell layouts, to identify incumbents that may be interfered with. Results help to identify possible changes to the cell layout to avoid or mitigate interference. In cases where interference cannot be mitigated, the results of this analysis are used to prioritize incumbent relocation.
- Link assessment and review—Incumbent contact is made to assess the status of the system and to obtain operational information. A relocation estimate is prepared based upon comparable system replacement costs.
- Site audits and RF measurements—Interference predictions can be further verified through in-field measurements and incumbent system review. Our field services teams can perform measurements to determine system parameters, propagation characteristics and verify the operational status of microwave systems. Verification of link status prevents reimbursement for off-air systems and has resulted in substantial savings for our clients.
- Incumbent negotiation and contract execution—A specific strategy is developed for each incumbent to facilitate the negotiation process. An assessment is made of the terms necessary to ensure rapid and cost-effective contract execution for a turn-key installed solution or a cash settlement. All relevant agreement details are provided to the microwave clearinghouse to facilitate cost sharing reimbursement.
- Relocation program management—Once the contract has been executed, the requirements of the relocation schedule are fully evaluated. Equipment procurement and installation is managed to secure a timely delivery of the re-engineered system. Communication is maintained with all parties to ensure final system decommissioning and acceptance of the replacement facilities.
- Frequency clearing for drive testing—This is done when the market is not clear of incumbents. Since a drive test requires a CW signal, we can often find slivers of spectrum available to use for these tests prior to actually clearing an entire channel for a market.
- Coordination with incumbents—Nexlink coordinates the preparation and dissemination of FCC-mandated Prior Coordination Notices (PCNs) to incumbents, providing cell site operating parameters prior to commercial launch of the AWS system.
- Cost sharing verification—An analysis is conducted to validate any cost sharing obligations and invoices that are generated from the FCC designated clearinghouse and other carriers. A systematic review of parameters such as system cost, licensing, frequency, bandwidth, cost sharing formula, contract terms, proximity threshold triggers and decommissioning date is performed.
AWS Microwave Relocation
Sometimes finding the right people who are experienced and knowledgeable leaders to staff your projects becomes a very lengthy and expensive process. Our 15 years of industry experience and established relationships with carriers, vendors and suppliers in the fixed line and cellular communications markets make staffing a natural fit for Nexlink. By offering a complete range of staffing services, we can help any company—no matter where they are in their business evolution—raise productivity through improved strategy, efficiency and cost reduction across their total workforce.
We pride ourselves on our reputation for quality and the ‘nice people to do business with’ approach; going the extra mile to deliver the right talent through clear communication and transparency in our dealings. Nexlink will instill trust at the forefront of our project management methodology—as our focus is on excellence rather than volume—and will aim to work as a valued partner with a full appreciation of our clients’ business objectives.
Whether the project requires installation, a project manager, engineers, technicians or a designer, we have the best telecom talent and services available. We deliver qualified, experienced and professional candidates for contract, contract to hire or permanent project requirements.
Understanding the strain an open headcount puts on a company’s ability to meet project deadlines and budget goals, we share your sense of urgency and utilize our rigorous technical screening process to guarantee delivery of top telecom talent with a minimal turn-around time. We provide our partners with meticulous client and contractor care, allowing you to meet the needs of any project large or small.
Our value add:
- Permanent and temporary project staffing;
- National coverage;
- Rapid turnaround;
- Robust candidate pool who complete a rigorous technical screening process;
- Personnel available for all disciplines;
- Meticulous client / contractor care; and
- Scalable solutions specific to client’s needs.
We are experts in finding the right telecom talent anywhere and can provide the recruiting capacities you need to execute your projects successfully.Nexlink